Sunday, November 1, 2009

Universe Off Kilter the Past Week

Hey, all. This past week has not been a particularly great one for us and those we love. I had to visit our doctor again for various issues. Thankfully, most of those are now taken care of and are better. Also, had to see the orthopedic doc about my knees - bone spurs in both now. We had quite the chat and discussed all options. We're going to try the Supartz injections and see if they help. I'll keep you posted. That had to be ordered so we haven't started yet.

Golfer is still not feeling well and has had several visits to doctors and had additional tests and x-rays, and an MRI. Thankfully, he is starting to feel a bit better, even if we don't know for certain what is causing his troubles. On a good note though - his hand therapy is going well.

Then during the course of the week, Bikini had a run-in with a deer. She's okay, some damage to the car, and the deer limped away. Then she was struck by bad luck again as she was carrying a pumpkin into Bloomer's Daycare in the rain and she slipped and fell. Hurt both knees and her arm; nothing broken though. There were some other issues there in Georgia and I'm hoping that by now, after a good dose of Halloween chocolate, they are all doing better!

Cable Guy hasn't been feeling well and Nurse J and he are seeing doctors and trying to get that figured out.

The weather has not cooperated with my time and energy levels - just all out of sync. So things I wanted to do in the yard have not been done.

And then the last straw was when I got to work one morning, and as I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a pet carrier sitting by the door. Someone had dropped off a little dog, obviously the evening before based on the condition he was in, and just left him there with no food or water. I was the only one there at the church, and I couldn't handle the rickety carrier by myself. I gave him some water and then called a couple of the church ladies who I know love dogs and one of them came and took the little guy to a "no-kill" shelter. They immediately took him to a veterinarian. He had been starved and abused, but they are trying to save him. At the last report, he weighed in at a little over two pounds and was starting to eat on his own. He was too weak to do that at first. As I have said before, I would rather be around our cats and other animals more than around some people. Some people are just idiots and mean.

So, I'm hoping for a better week for everyone. Stay safe.

No comments: