Friday, November 13, 2009

AND...........IT CONTINUES....

Hey, all,

We are in day three of the November Nor'easter. That's what the news people are calling it. We had a little break earlier today when the rain decreased to just light rain and heavy mist. It's now raining harder again., and the wind is picking up; and it's getting colder. So, yay! Swell! Jon Cash from WAVY TV 10 was making comparisons of this storm to the movie a few years ago called "The Perfect Storm". I remember the movie; want to say that George Clooney was in it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there are some similarities. :)

So, day three of the storm and day two of the headache. The good news in that area is that the headache is finally going away. This is after medication, Coke and a chocolate milkshake that Golfer brought home!

We both made it to our offices this morning. I did a couple errands on the way home. The streets in our neighborhood were passable this morning; the water had gone down. There are a few more limbs down around our house; nothing major. The post at the corner that held the street signs and the stop sign was blown over. I saw some downed trees on my way to the office. Other areas are still battling the flood waters and power outages.

Nurse J says they are doing okay. CableGuy went for an MRI today. BeyB didn't have school again today - due to weather and the fact her school is a designated shelter for people who had to evacuate their homes.

Life moves on. I just finished scrubbing the bathroom and have some laundry going. I tried to clean up the front porch a little but wet leaves refuse to be swept or blown anywhere! they are plastered on the floor and walls. I gave up; will try again at a later time.

I am unhappy that one of my favorite new shows has been cancelled already - "Eastwick". Golfer and I watched it since the first show. Too bad.

There are no big plans for the weekend. Everything depends on what the weather will be doing.

Take care and stay safe!

No comments: