Saturday, November 14, 2009

DAY FOUR

Hey, again!

Well, it's day four of what is now being called by some forecasters Nor'Ida. Today is gray, in the 50's, the wind has died down, and the rain is reduced to drizzle and mist. Some areas are still dealing with flooding and power outages, but we are not in danger for that. Golfer and I think it will be at least tomorrow before we can venture out in the yard to check on things and pick up branches. The ground is squishy. I'm sure it's going to be a while before the leaves are dry enough to clear away. Have you ever tried to rake and bag wet leaves?? They weigh a ton and stick to everything!

We ventured out to do a little shopping and errands this morning. There were lots of people out and about. We knocked a few more Christmas gifts off the shopping list. We're trying to get things ready for Bikini's family so we can take the gifts when we go visit for Thanksgiving.

For a while we weren't sure we were going to be able to travel, but Golfer has improved enough for the trip and my knee hasn't gotten any worse, so we're going to try it. I haven't seen any vast improvement with the injections, but they had told me it would probably be near the end of the series before I noticed any. So I'm trying to be patient. And the doctor told Golfer it sometimes takes up to two years to get over the PMR. So we're "dealing". Life moves on.

I hope everyone is well and happy. Stay safe!

No comments: