Friday, September 4, 2009

LAST DAY ........... SIGH

Today is the last full day of vacation. It's been a good week. Golfer says he had a good time playing golf and seeing friends. His first two days of play were pretty good but then they turned not so good. But there's always next year!

So, we slept in a little this morning. (that was about until 7:00 a.m. for me!) Then we went and tried a new restaurant for breakfast - Harry's House of Pancakes. It was very good. And it was the first time I have ever had grits that had any kind of flavor to them! They weren't bad. I know that will make Brief smile! So, yea! for Harry!

And speaking of Brief, we're very glad he is okay after a scary day yesterday at work. A plane he was working on - and flying at the time - caught fire. But all is well.

Golfer and I went down to the beach to sit out, but it was rather cloudy and breezy and we did not stay long. We went to the Health Club and Golfer sat in the whirlpool while I did my exercises in the pool. As he is approaching surgery and stopping meds and supplements, he's getting a little achy. Since I deal with that on a constant basis, I know how he feels. I wish I could do something for him. After that, we cleaned up and went to Olive Garden for soup and salad.

We had no big plans for the day and I wanted to buy a couple Christmas presents at a favorite boutique, so we headed to Broadway at the Beach. We went and fed the ducks and fish while we were there. I also fed a bedraggled looking crow that perched next to us while we were dropping food into the water. I edged closer and put a little of the food down for him and he gave me a look and edged toward it. Seemed to enjoy it, so I gave him some more. Could be my imagination, but I think he looked grateful!

And on the subject of wildlife... Golfer took a picture of an alligator on the golf course yesterday!

Nurse J is trying to get all the projects at their house finished up. There's painting, and crown molding going up, and other projects. Work is going slow, but it will be nice when it's all done. BeyB goes back to school next Tuesday.

Bikini got to the doctor and is medicated for bronchitis. Feel better soon!

That's about all from here. We head home in the morning. Then we'll be catching up and getting things all in order before Golfer's surgery. And I'll need to check in with Albert, the cabinet maker, and Matt, the fence guy, and Scott, the contractor................ Tuesday will be a killer; it is always hard to go back to work after vacation!

Stay safe!

No comments: