Monday, September 7, 2009

LABOR DAY.......SIGH AGAIN

Vacation was wonderful. Sun, water, rest, friends, good food, good books, good golf for Golfer. Sorry to see it end.

We're back home. The house is cleaned, the laundry is done (ironing, too), the yard is tidied up and grass mowed, the furry kids are all woogied, mail has been sorted and bills paid. I've been looking forward - a lot - to just one more sunny day at the outdoor pool. It closes today. It will still be hot enough for outdoor swimming, but because all the lifeguards are young people and have to go back to school, there are staffing problems. So they close on Labor Day. But my recurring sigh - and I'm surprised you haven't heard it from wherever you are - is because today has been in the 70's, dark and rainy. Not a pool day. So I unpacked that pool bag and repacked my bag for the YMCA pool, where I will be headed this week.

Golfer isn't feeling well and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to help him at this time. Wish there was.

I was also planning to use the grill for dinner, and.... it's raining.

So. SIGH.

It's back to work tomorrow. Already have a to-do list made so I won't forget some of the things I need to take care of now that we're home. We also have some things to do before Golfer's surgery on Friday.

So, anyway, I hope everyone has had a nice day today. I am taking my emotional self off to the shower. Stay safe.

No comments: