Friday, November 7, 2008

Hey! Things Are Looking Up!

The blizzard is still blowing out West. The hurricane is still blowing around to the South. But here the sun is out, things are drying out, and it's about 72 degrees. I just came in from sitting on the deck with a good book. Thought I'd better check our email. And what do you know, we had a message from one of the local radio stations - they have started their non-stop Christmas music - all day, every day! I have it playing now, because I just had to check it out.

And speaking of Christmas music - does anyone else remember "Willie Claus, Little Son of Santa Claus"? You'd think with all the music the stations play every year I'd hear it sooner or later. But no, not once, ever.

Now playing - "Rudy, the Red Nosed Reindeer" by Dean Martin! I always liked him. Wish he was still around. And Perry Como always had a good Christmas special every year when I was a kid, too.

Anyone else remember Mr. Jing-a Ling on TV? He was always on Captain Penny's afternoon show every Christmas. (Cleveland, Ohio area)

Ah, well, enough nostalgia for now. Stay safe and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

I remember Willie Claus! I saw this on another website, in case you are interested....

"I have a MP3 copy of Willie Claus by Molly Bee. I just got it today. My family is going to flip out. Someone sent it to me. God Bless him. If anyone else would like to get it. email me @ volleyballdolphin1@yahoo.com."

Great song - enjoy!