Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hey, all!

We've been busy getting used to our new bathroom. Rearranging things in drawers and seeing "what's comfortable where". We love it!


We've also been going to the orthopedic doctors. Golfer for his hand/wrist and me for my right foot. We both ended up getting steroid shots and told to ice the areas. So evenings have been spent watching TV with ice packs. We're doing a bit better.


I have been slowly tackling some major cleaning. although the guys from ABL were very careful, it was just like Mike said when he told us: "there's going to be some dust". And let me say here, it's not run of the mill, ordinary, fluffy dust. It's permeating clingy drywall, plaster, mortar dust. And somehow it gets everywhere, even behind closed doors. The new bathroom makes the dust just merely an annoyance though. But it still needs to be cleaned up. So I've been tackling one room at a time. I am having some satisfaction in the fact that my "Fall cleaning" is almost done! I've been told most people don't do Fall and Spring cleaning. But I was raised by a Mom and Grandma who, regular like clockwork, every Spring and Fall tore things apart and CLEANED.


My ninety-nine year old mom still scoots her furniture around and cleans her apartment! We've told her we could help or get someone in to do it. She says they wouldn't do it to suit her. I'm pretty much the same way. Although I will admit I enlisted Nurse J's help in climbing up and taking down my bird collection. Turned out there was also quite a dust crop up there too. (I'll keep better track of that in the future.) So I've been wiping down walls, washing curtains and windows, vacuuming all the nooks and crannies,scrubbing things and making it sparkle around here.


Onward to the next task!

No comments: