Saturday, June 22, 2024

Well, Time Just Ran Out Again

I have thought about posting here quite often.  But either time or energy runs out and posting doesn't get done.  So, hey!  I hope you are all doing well and staying safe.

My hand therapy went well.  I passed the testing and they have released me for now.  They want to have a recheck the end of July before they finally close out the insurance, and at any time I can always request to return.  So far, so good, and I am being careful.

I wish our yard looked as green as it did in a previous post's picture.  We have not had rain in quite a while.  And our sprinkler system was not turned on until the 10th.  The company was running so late this year it really messed things up in our yard.   But it's running on it's schedule and the back-flow inspection has been done and passed.  There is much yard work that I want to do, but right now the temperature is a humid 101 degrees and I am not stupid, so none of that work is getting done.

I've been working on my "To-Do" list and have recently done the major scrubbing of the bathrooms and tile, cleaned carpet, cleaned and treated the wood flooring, and mopped the tile floors.  Windows have also been cleaned inside and out.  

Les fell a couple weeks ago.  After a few days of Tylenol and using heat on his back, he saw our doctor.  X-rays were ordered; nothing broken, but strained and arthritis.  The muscle relaxants and alternating heat and ice seemed to have helped and he is feeling better and being careful.

Our wooden file cabinet that we've had at least thirty years developed problems and one drawer would not close.  Eventually I emptied all the drawers and turned it on its side and had all my tools ready.  Les and I looked at it and poked at everything and decided we couldn't fix it,  the sliders on the side of the drawer just simply would not move and we could not get to where I could put the screws back in that had fallen out.  But we made the effort!  And decided to just get a new one.  And I decided if we were doing that, to get one that matched our other Amish made solid wood office furniture.  It should be here in eight weeks or so.  It is being built in Ohio, not far from where we grew up! 😊  In the meantime, I am doing a deep clean on all our file folders and temporarily putting the files in some bankers boxes I had in the closet.

No further progress has been made on garage or shed cleaning.  But it will get eventually get done.  There are still things that need to move to new homes or else be donated.  Like I said, I'm not stupid.  I'm not moving things just so I can clean either area and then moving those things back.  Work smarter, not harder!

Take care of  yourselves and stay safe.  God Bless America!

Just a picture of a recent evening sky.


No comments: