Monday, June 1, 2020

I Can Hear My Grama Now

The news this morning has been disturbing, protests happening, riots, fires.  And this is on top of the pandemic news, increased cases, deaths, and so many people not taking any precautions or being careful.  Add in loss of jobs, and all the added stress of just everything, and it's like things have just reached a boiling point.

One of my Grama Ethel's favorite comments was "things are going to hell in a handbasket". Whether or not that is the case right now, things are certainly depressing.  My Mom would then say, "put on a smile and we'll get though this".  Well, I can do that, but I think it's going to take more than a smile to make things better.

On to other topics.... today is the first day of hurricane season.  And already there have been a couple storms named.  Swell, and aren't we all excited by this?!?  Right now the weather is lovely here.  Mid-60's, sunny, and a slight breeze.  I turned the A/C off and opened a couple windows for the furry boys.

Les is playing golf today.  I hope he has a good time.

I've been doing odds and ends around here and taking care of a few things.

We are still trying to stay safe and take all the precautions we should.  We have another grocery order to pick up tomorrow afternoon.  Like I've said, it is like opening surprise packages.  We are never sure what we are going to get.  But I am getting used to it.

Our girls and their families are doing okay.  Wish I could hug them all.

Al declared this morning that today is the beginning of "meteorological Summer".  Here are our new Summer pillow covers.  Thank you, Pam!


So, life is still great.  Stay safe and take care of yourselves.  God Bless America!

No comments: