Friday, March 13, 2020

Comments on General State of Things and Some Random Observations

First, let me just say, let's all take a big breath and think pleasant thoughts.  Then let's just get on with what needs to be done.  We all have way too many things to worry about right now.  Be sensible, stay safe, and take care of yourselves.

Jordan has had Spring break from ODU this week.  It has now been extended a week and when classes resume they will be online.  Pam found out last night that Boxer's and Bloomer's schools are now closed.  They were going to be allowed in today to pick up items they need and when classes resume they will be online until further notice.  Jacquie found out last night that Cutie Girl's school was closed today for teacher planning to prepare for schools to be closed and class work online there, too.  Little Miss E's pre-school follows the York County schedule so she will be off, too.

I have totally lost count of how many letters from companies and stores I have received in my email.  Mostly just assuring us all that they are cleaning and taking precautions.

We had been stocking up on things for our freezer and pantry because of my planned surgery, so I think we're good in that area.  I still haven't figured out why people are hoarding toilet paper, but I guess if it makes them feel better, more power to them.

We had started planning the updates to our bathrooms before we found out I was having surgery and before Corona made its appearance.  Yesterday we had a plumber here installing new fixtures in our master bath shower.  We figured this was one part we could get done and off the list.  They look nice and work well.  The matching sink fixtures will be installed when the new counter top and sinks are installed in a month or so.

The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom on Canon Boulevard.  Very pretty! 

Our yard guys came and did another round of weed killer and fertilizer.  Les has gone out and checked to make sure all of our equipment worked and I am sure it won't be long before he decides he has to mow and trim.  Like I've said, he likes to wait until at least April. 😊

My pain level keeps increasing so I am getting slower at getting things done but I keep plugging away.  Life is still good!

Stay safe and God Bless America!

P.S.  This just has to make you smile!  It was "What do you want to be when you grow up?" day at Little Miss E's school.


She is going to save us all!

No comments: