Sunday, March 29, 2020

Working My Way Back to the New Normal

My surgery was on March 16th. I was told I was one of the last surgical patients before they shut down surgeries.  Shortly after being taken to my room after post-op, we were told that Les and Jacquie had to leave, no more visitors allowed in the hospital.  I was well taken care of and did get to go home the next day, but that took a lot of figuring out since Les wasn't allowed to come inside.

But we made it home and he has been taking very good care of me.  Sadly, my recovery is not going as I had planned.  Before the surgery I heard a lot of "oh, hip replacement surgery is so much easier".  I really dare anyone to say that to me now.  I have never had a surgical incision hurt so much. And the pain has gone down my leg.   The nurse and the PT have been coming twice a week.  I am finally very slowly getting to feel a little stronger.  Still using the walker, but I hope to move to a cane soon.  I am doing my exercises every day and working hard at it.

And of course we are social distancing and being careful.  Scary times right now everywhere, and way too many things to worry about.

All the grandchildren are having school online or being home-schooled.  And I am pretty sure that is for the rest of the school year for all.  I know for sure it is, here in Virginia.

Jacquie and Pam are both working from home.  We're all trying to be careful.

I miss going to Starbucks!  We have been brewing ours here at home. 😷

Life remains good, even if different.  Stay safe and God Bless America!


No comments: