Monday, February 24, 2020

Updates

I had a second appointment with my new Rheumatologist recently.  He pulled up all my test results and x-rays and went through them all.  The gist of it is my RA is not active.  I do not have any of the many other auto-immune diseases that he tested for.  Some of my random joint pains are probably from compensating for the increasing pain in my right hip and leg.  I do have erosive degenerative osteoarthritis.  Unfortunately there is not much to be done for that other than to treat symptoms.  We talked about the pain and numbness in my hands and he ordered a nerve conduction study so I will have that in April.  He was glad I was getting the hip replacement done. He was very polite and did not mention once that any of this is "age related" or that I just had "old joints". 😊

I have had a call from one of the surgical nurses and she went over all my info, asked a lot of questions, and answered some of mine.  Les and I attended the mandatory pre-surgery class at the hospital today.  It was very informative, although I had heard a lot of it before.  When the class was done I finished up the lab work I needed to get done.  And then we went to Pierce's for barbecue sandwiches for late lunch/early supper!

We are now home for the evening.  It is 50 degrees right now and raining.

Arranging things for the work we are planning for our bathroom updates is coming along.  Decisions made, deposits paid, a few things purchased...... it's not an urgent rush and we're taking our time. 

Life is great!  I have to go try doing the pre-surgery exercises now.  😊  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: