Monday, February 17, 2020

Things Are Moving Right Along

As Les very sweetly said it, "I guess it does pay to sometimes be an annoying pain in the a**"  😊

In a previous post I expressed my dissatisfaction with the conflicting policies of my orthopedic clinic and our GP clinic.  And while I was treated with less care and concern from the GP clinic, I did politely tell them they should look into the practice because I could NOT be the only patient that has had issues.  A patient could go round and round forever with one saying you can't get the surgery clearance until you have a surgery date and the other saying you can't have a surgery date until you have the clearance. 

But....... after nicely expressing my frustration to both sides, I now have a surgery date and just had the appointment for the pre-surgery clearance this morning.  Also, the hospital pre-surgical training coordinator has called and set us up for a required class.  And....we are signed up for "Bones, Bites, and Brews", an information series set up by the orthopedic clinic at Traditions Brewery.  I'll let you know how that goes, should be interesting!  Four of the Ortho doctors will be speaking and answering questions.

Les got a lot of yard work done yesterday, raked and cleaned up all the mess from the recent high winds.  The yard looks so much better.  Today is sunny and in 50's and he is playing golf. 

Because I anticipated possibly having blood work done at this morning's appointment, I did the fasting.  Turns out my doctor did want to go ahead and do the labs, so I was  glad I was prepared and did not have to go back a second time.  Of course that meant I didn't have breakfast and coffee until about 11:00.  This picture a friend posted on FB is very fitting.  Thanks, Jeanette!


So, life remains great!  Remember to keep a sense of humor and positive outlook.  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: