Monday, September 10, 2018

Storm Prep

Photo from Weather Channel
It is still too soon to know where Florence will make landfall, but preparations are underway.  I have been checking things off the list.  I made another trip to the Commissary this morning for a few things.  It was very busy for an early Monday morning!  Lots of people stocking up!  But I was in and out pretty quickly.  I also went to the ATM for cash and made sure Kirk's gas tank was full.  Les will fill up Spock soon.  For those of you that are not in a storm area - when the power goes out the gas pumps and ATMs will not work.  😕  That is assuming the roads are not flooded and you can even get to them.

I did a quick walk around the yard and things are in good shape as far as the mulched areas I work on.  Any needed trimming has been done, no loose branches.  Les is still hoping to get the mowing done, the yard is still drying out from the last rain.  As it gets closer to whatever "weather event" we will be getting, we will move the things on the deck, patio, and porch, and take in the yard art in the backyard.

I checked in with Jacquie and she knows to bring their quilts, pillows, and anything else they need if the power goes out.  So for now, we are as ready as we can be at this time.

When I was getting this picture of Florence from the Weather Channel, I saw their report on the water spout over  Hampton water that caused the tornado warning yesterday! 

So, life is good!  Stay safe and take care of yourselves!  God Bless America!

No comments: