Thursday, September 27, 2018

OY!

Monday I went for my annual eye exam.  I knew there were some issues with my left eye and Dr. Kitay says he is very optimistic that the laser procedure he is doing on my eye next Monday will remove the scar tissue from the cataract surgery a few years ago.  He had to do the same thing to my right eye about a year after the surgery.  If for some reason this doesn't fix it, I will probably be going back to wearing glasses.  Keep some good thoughts on this, please.

Tuesday I went to our dentist for some minor repair work.  It went very well except my jaw hurt for a couple days.  Dr. Freeman was working on the back side of my lower front teeth.  He had found a tiny dark area that was not a cavity yet.  He said better to fix it now than wait for a larger filling that would be visible.  So that is all done and my jaw is starting to feel better.

Yesterday I went to Dr. Putland's lab for some bloodwork to check my Vitamin D level.  I have been running low on that for years and going every six months for checks to see if I need to increase the supplemental D I take.  It did not go well.  There was only one lab tech working at the time. She was nice, looked very young, and was probably newly trained.  I had the first appointment and thought okay, this will be alright.  It was not.  The actual blood draw took an extraordinarily long time and she kept twisting the syringe around in my arm and saying it was going too slow.  By the time she finished I was in the midst of a major Vasovagal response and she obviously didn't know what she should be doing to help me.  Right about the time I was considering just sliding myself down onto the floor so I didn't fall and break something, I ended up being wheeled back to another room.  Our doctor had seen me being taken down the hall and came to check on me and find out what was going on.  He said he had not seen my name on his list for the day.  Fortunately, the episode passed and I started to feel better, but it is a scary thing and a person has no control over it.  So if  you have never had one, be thankful!

The good news is I got the test results this morning and they were good and Dr. Putland has moved me to a yearly testing instead of every six months.  So, yay!

Today, it is dark, gray, cloudy, and been raining off and on.  The temperature is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's for a few days.  We are still waiting to see some sprouting of the grass seed.

I am catching up on desk work, paying bills, and doing some odds and ends around here.

Life is good!  Take care of yourselves and stay safe and God Bless America!



No comments: