Saturday, September 15, 2018

Fini. Done. Over It.

Evidently our area is done with Florence.  Everyone is still very concerned for the people in NC and SC though.  I wish them well and a speedy recovery.  I do admit though that I have absolutely no sympathy for the not-so-smart people who refused to evacuate when told to and are now whining about no one coming to rescue them.  As Les says, "what part of mandatory don't they understand?"  If you are told to move out and choose not to, you put others at risk.  And there is no way that the emergency crews should be put at risk to go after someone who didn't listen.

Well, anyway, here we are.  Our area is cloudy and gray, temperature is around 80, and it has been spritzing rain off and on so far today.  During an "off" time Les went out and moved the furniture and grill back onto the deck and patio, picked up branches in the yard, and put the "yard art" back in place.  I moved things back on the porch and then cleaned off the porch and walk. Then I went to buy more bird seed.  The shop I use had a flash sale - got a text notice - and they were giving a free small bag with any purchase.  And we needed seed anyway.  😊

I  noticed a few folks working in their yards doing the same things we had done.  Some were mowing.  People had their kids at the playground flying kites.  (it's still breezy here)

Les and I started our day by going to breakfast at First Watch.  Very good!  This is the best place for what I like ever since Lunch Bell closed. 

So, as always, life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

And here is a smile for you . . . .



No comments: