Tuesday, June 5, 2018

This and That

Les and I are safely home and are in "catch up" mode.  The trip home was good, best time we've ever made - five hours and twenty-five minutes!  And we stopped for breakfast, gas, and a couple potty breaks!

So here we are, things are all unpacked and put away, laundry is done, cleaning is done, mail has been sorted, errands run, and groceries gotten.  The yard work will eventually get done - there has been a lot of rain here.

There are a few things that needed attention and I have been making phone calls and setting up appointments.  Today we have had our arborist, Joel, come to look at our red maple in the front yard.  Sadly, it is terminal due to blight that is attacking area red maples.  So, in the Fall it will be taken out and something "hardy" will be planted.  It makes me sad, I love that red maple.

Then we had our HVAC guy, Venny, come to see if anything can be done about our extremely hot room over the garage.  The whole system is not very old and is in great shape and working properly.  He says a lot of houses like ours have the same issues.  It's a combination of long run for the duct work and design issues. He got into the attic and checked to make sure all the dampers were open and nothing blocked.  He comes twice a year for routine checks and I knew things were in good shape.  Now we decide if we want to buy and have installed a mini split heat pump that would hang on the wall up there.  Or we can just tell the kids they have to tough it out.  😊  We are thinking about it.

Then later today we are expecting the guys from the garage door repair company to come.  I am fed up with our opener and done with having to get out of the car and manually close the door when I leave.  I know, tough life.  But the darn thing has been temperamental for a while and we have to stand there and hold the button down until the door is all the way closed.  And the problem is with the synced systems in the cars, the interior buttons and the exterior.  Just fix it!

Thursday the man comes to clean out the dryer vents and ductwork.

Friday Angus has his annual check-up and shots. Finnigan goes next week.  I can only do one at a time now.  I need to pick my battles and they are a lot of cat to wrestle around.

Besides all the other odds and ends that I've been doing, I  helped Mr. Gnome in his garden.  He has a new Koi pond and needed some assistance getting it set up.  Good times ahead for the summer in there!


Stay safe!  Life is great!  God Bless America!

No comments: