Sunday, November 12, 2017

"Interesting" Week

I hope you are all well and happy!

We have had some cold, windy weather for a couple days and it is now trying to warm up and is supposed to be in the 50's for the week, with rain again tomorrow. 

I had been feeling a little "off" for a few days and then started getting itchy spots so I had an urgent visit to our doctor.  My fear was another case of shingles, but I was wrong.  Hives!  So that was good news, although I was still itchy with tingly, burning spots.  Doctor prescribed steroids and some Benedryl and things are getting better.  The burning, tingly, itchiness is gone but the spots are still  here. We have no idea what caused the hives.  In the past when I have had them it has been after taking antibiotics that are now on the NO-NO list.  And one bad case when Les left for Thailand for a year a long time ago.  I may be having a reaction to the steroids but I have had to take them in the past and had to problems so I am not concerned right now. 

And while all that was at the worst, Les' new crown fell out while we were eating dinner.  I called the after-hours number for our dentist and we got a return call.  Sadly he is out of town for the week but he arranged for another dentist to see Les on Saturday afternoon to fix it.  It was a little more involved than just falling out since the post had broken, but YAY! it is fixed.  Les is much happier.  And the dentist is a retired USAF dentist with his own practice now so they had things to talk about.

All in all, we have not been doing much the last few days.  We did get to see "Ragnarok" earlier in the week.  Loved it!  I mean, really, who doesn't like looking at Thor with his new haircut??

I've done some "quiet" easy projects like making large red bows for the front porch when we decorate.  And I've worked on the Christmas cards.  Also started a new book that is very good - the new Louise Penny Glass Houses.

Life is good.  Stay safe and God Bless America!  I am closing with something a friend posted that I agree with 😊


No comments: