Sunday, November 5, 2017

Did You Remember?


Did you all remember to change your clocks?  Ours have all been done, either by us or automatically, except for the phone and answering machine.  Les will take care of that one later.

The idea of that extra hour of sleep is nice, but I am sure that I am not the only person who needs a couple days every Spring and Fall to adjust to the time change.  I know our furry boys need to adjust, especially Angus who likes to do "wake up calls and pats" in the early morning.  I told him to forget it at 3:39 a.m. and went back to sleep.

Our weather has continued its back and forth and currently we are having a mild day of a cloudy 70 with high humidity.  One of those days where you just don't know if you need the A/C on or the heat or the windows open.  Tomorrow might be 80 again and then in 50's for Wednesday if you believe the forecast.

Les and I have been busy.  He finished everything on his to-do list. 😊 We cleaned out the garage and had a large pile of stuff for the hazardous waste drop-off.  We had collected a bunch of old paint and old car fluids we were never going to use.  Time to go!  We also had a pile for donation to the DAV.  When we were done cleaning up out there we loaded it all in Kirk and the next morning I took things to drop off. 

We've done yard work also.  All the usual weeding and clean-up, mowing, trimming, and the leaf clean-up has started.  After our first frost it will be time to go out and cut back the Liriope and day lilies and do the final clean-up before Winter sets in.  I say final, but you know that when we have a nice day I will go out and check on things and do clean-up as needed.

We also swapped out the floor mats in our cars.  Cleaned the carpet ones and put away, cleaned the inside of the cars and Les put the WeatherTech mats in. 

My most recent project has been cleaning the woodwork and baseboards and doing some touch-up painting.  Just little dings in the paint here and there.  I brought my little jars of paint in with other supplies and it is going well.  Just have a little more to do and then it will be done.

I have no Thanksgiving prep to do since we will be at Pam's this year.  The Christmas prep is going well.  Almost all of the shopping is done and everything is wrapped so far.  I've gotten as far as getting the cards out and printing mailing labels.  And I may or may not do some baking and freezing before Thanksgiving.  We will see.  When we get back home there will be a flurry of catching up and decorating. 

As far as I know all the family is doing well.  Everyone is busy.  Kids doing well in school. 

Life is good!  Stay safe and God Bless America!


No comments: