Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Huh.

When I was a little girl, Mom and Grama always said that age was just a number.  Grama lived into her 80's and Mom died at 101.  When someone asks me how old I am, I have to think about it to be sure I answer correctly, because it is just a number.  But you know what?  I miss being able to do all the laundry, all the cleaning, yard work, decorating, cooking, and whatever in one day!  Obviously, those days are over; I just plain get tired.

So, I have decided to just take my time with the Christmas decorating and pace myself as I do with just about everything else.  It is coming along, the outside is done.  I arranged things a little differently this year since we have the new porch rails and the spindles are closer together.  I did not want to wrap the garland between them.  We have a new projection light that puts moving designs on the front of the house.  It's hard to get a picture of that, but I like it!


I think we might go ahead and set the trees up this afternoon.  Then I will take my time and get them decorated.  I have opened up a couple containers and set some things around the house.  So things are progressing.

The furry boys were all combed and had their nails clipped.  When I was upstairs pulling things out of our storage, I saw I needed to wash the bed skirt, so that was an additional job.  And then it was time to do a bunch of desk work and bill paying, and then filing. 

I hope everyone is well and happy.  I started the day off with the sad news and disappointment about Matt Lauer being fired.  I felt bad for Savannah who had to do the initial report when the show started.  It was obvious that they had just gotten the news.

On a happier note, the new "Golic and Wingo" show on ESPN is pretty good.  Can't help but wonder what Greeny is doing though.  His show doesn't start until at least April.

Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: