Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Follow-up for Yesterday's Brief Post

Yesterday was exhausting and totally not what I had on my mental "to-do" list!

Everything was taken out of the pantry and inspected.  It was either thrown out right away or it was wiped off and set aside.  The shelves, walls, floor, etc. were sprayed with our kitty-safe insecticide.  When that was dry I scrubbed the shelves and walls and floor.  In the process of all this a gazillion bitsy ants met their fate.

When that was dry, I sprayed the insecticide again around the baseboard and door frame.  Then when that was dry I inspected again and deemed it safe to move the surviving items back into the pantry.

Evidently it is high ant season in our area.  When I called for our pest control company to come the first thing the lady said was, "ants, right?".  She said the soonest someone can get here is Thursday morning.  Hence, my full blown assault.

While all that drying was going on, I inspected and cleaned out all the cupboards. No ants found, but I cleaned out a bunch of things and have a donation pile started in the garage.  As I said it was an exhausting day. I checked things again this morning and so far, so good.  No sightings.

Bikini told us about new show on SyFy - "Dark Matter".  We found the first two episodes and watched them during the drying times.  Pretty good!  It is now on our recording schedule.

Today I am catching up on all the things I had planned to get to yesterday.  None of those are going to involve outside work.  It's supposed to be 101 here, and humid.

Gotta' go.  Stay safe!


No comments: