Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fun Night!

Golfer and I went to see "Book of Mormon" last evening.  It was part of the Broadway on Tour series and was being presented at Chrysler Hall in Norfolk.  I can not remember when we laughed so long or so hard at anything!  The performers were great.  Very talented singers and dancers.  Since we are familiar with the writers of the show  (we watch "South Park") we had a pretty good idea what the comedy would be like.  And I listen to Broadway on XM Radio when I'm driving Kirk so I was familiar with some of the music.  It was hilarious!  And having said that I should probably mention that it is also an "adult" show.  Do not take your children!

Of course, seeing the show on Halloween night meant not being at home for trick-or-treat.  We did miss seeing CutieGirl, but she got to go out in her neighborhood.  I hate to sound like a cranky old person, but I am pretty much over participating in trick-or-treat.  I wouldn't mind if it was just family and neighborhood kids.  But last year our local newspaper ran a large article listing all the best neighborhoods to go to for trick-or-treat.  Our community was at the top of the list and van loads of kids of all ages were dropped off.  I am pretty sure the paper got some complaints.

Today is gray and cloudy and in the 50's right now.  There's a big storm front coming this way with really high winds, rain, and colder temperatures.  I need to get off the computer and go outside to move some things to safety so they don't blow around.  Our family members in Ohio are expecting snow.  They are not happy.

Stay safe!


No comments: