Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Big Ol' Bundle of Emotions

Hey, everyone.  I hope things are well with all of you.  It's been busy around our house.  There have been many things I have wanted to get done before having surgery.  Sadly, my strength and energy are not cooperating which leaves me very frustrated.  And frustration brings emotions.  Or as Bikini says, "feels".  And I have had to stop all my regular meds.  So as they are working their way out of my system I am more emotional from that.  Such is life.  I had a good holler about things while I was out driving by myself.  It didn't really fix anything, but I felt better.  Fortunately it was a low traffic area.   :)

On the good side though, we went out to dinner with friends a couple nights ago and because I am off the meds, I was able to have wine!!!  I now know why Merlot is one of Golfer's favorites!  We were all celebrating my glass of wine and figured out it had been at least sixteen years or longer since I had had any.  So, yay!

While we were away, it rained here most of the time.  The yard finally dried enough for Golfer to get it mowed.  The rain washed most of the seed out of the strip that the landscapers had repaired so we still have a bare place.  Golfer put more seed down that our yard guy left for us.

Nurse J and family came over for a pizza night recently.  CutieGirl sat in her new high chair.  She gets very upset now if everyone else is eating and she isn't.  She had special rice baby biscuits and pureed green beans.  I doubt that was as good as the pizza, but we all had a good time.

Bikini has been busy getting Halloween costumes done for Boxer and Bloomer.  They are going as Minecraft characters.  We saw part of the costumes while we were there and they were cute!

Golfer and I have been trying to catch up on our TV viewing.  Our DVR has things we recorded while we were gone.  As the new broadcast season progresses we've been weeding things out of our schedule.  Some shows are too dumb, some too annoying, some have been cancelled already.

I will be posting again when I am able.  I know that after the surgery there will be PT and home visits from the nurse, and I will be wearing a back brace for at least six weeks.  Plus there is the mind-fog of pain medications.  And don't you know that all that brings on more emotions and feels?  Please keep Golfer in your prayers!  He's a great man and I love him.  Remember me, too, please.

Stay safe!


No comments: