Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I Admit It, I Am Moody

Hey, All,

Yes, I am disgusted, and moody.  Usually I am a happy, optimistic person and smiling.  But my mind won't stop dwelling on some issues lately.

First off, of course, I am sad about Sis passing, but am relieved that she is not suffering.  But also, I am not ready to be the "matron" or oldest.  While we were visiting with family on our trip to Ohio, Golfer looked around at everyone and said that he never thought he'd be the oldest one in the group.  Sometimes maturity is baffling.  We don't feel that old.  Where did the time go?

And I am totally disgusted with politicians.  The government shut-down is causing many problems in our area.  People are being laid off, parks closed, Commissaries closed, Colonial Parkway closed, and on and on.  If I was in charge (and wouldn't that be a hoot!) I would lock all the politicians, including the President,  in a large room and dock them a month's pay for every day they let this go on.  They'd get loaves of white bread, jars of peanut butter and a cold water faucet, nothing else for food until they were done.  I would also demand that all politicians have to abide by all the regulations and laws they impose on the people.   I would also stop illegal immigration, but that is a whole other issue.

Our community has an ARB and Home Owner's Association.  I am disgusted by the residents who don't observe simple rules.  Things like mowing their grass and taking care of their property, not putting their trash out for pick-up on time and letting it sit out for two weeks. My thoughts on home ownership are similar to my thoughts on having children or pets - if you won't or can't take care of them, don't have them.  It's better for everyone that way.

I am concerned about my surgery that's scheduled in a couple weeks.  Two of my doctors think it will fix the problems I've been having for over two years.  Problems that were supposed to get better over time after a previous surgery.  I am trying to remain hopeful and optimistic, but it is hard.  I told Golfer I'd like to believe them, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.  In  my heart I know I will be well cared for.  But I realize how frustrated I get when I can't do things for myself!

Add to these things the fact we just discovered a leak at our water heater.  It's not that old and we can't tell where the water is coming from, but there is definitely a leak somewhere.  The plumber comes tomorrow. Sigh.  This water problem comes on top of a different leak in the sprinkler system we just had fixed.  And we just got the bill (!*%$#!!) for that repair.  Sigh again.

There was one good piece of news in today's paper - the first ever local BACON FESTIVAL is going to happen!  This will feature all things bacon!  Our area has all kinds of seafood festivals and peanut festivals, but this is the first one devoted to bacon!  Actually, I think Smithfield foods is looking for some good publicity.

I am sure my mood will get better and also sure the general state of affairs will get better.  For now I am going to go "woogie" a kitty.  That's always good for a smile.

Stay safe.

No comments: