Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Family Time

Golfer and I just returned from visiting Bikini and her family.  She and I had some good quality time in her favorite quilt shop.  She's going to make Golfer and me a new king-size quilt for our bed and she was helping me pick out fabric for her to use.  I know it's going to be beautiful!

We went to Bloomer's class auction and watched the students spend their "quarters" (play ones). Each student gets a certain number to start with and they can earn more for good behavior and work or lose some for bad.  It's all an exercise in math, decision making, and strategy.  Once a month there's an auction to spend their "money" on items donated by the parents.  It was fun to watch.  Bloomer's prize buy was a large Halloween spider in some sticky "goo".  Lovely.

And then we attended the PTA meeting and got to see Boxer's fourth grade chorus perform.  Nice patriotic show.  And the music is tied in to the social studies and history material for the class. 

Sadly, Boxer's football game didn't go so well, and they lost.  We were glad to get to see him play, but I don't think the other team exactly played fair.  Brief says there are going to be some meetings about the other team.  But, all in all, it was a good day.  I will say this though,  football is taken VERY seriously in Georgia!  I should add that this was my first experience with little boys' football.

We also got to meet our new "grandcats", Morelli, Nina and Jett.  All were lovely and well behaved.  Nina is a little shy, not as much as our Cecil, but she did not want us to hold her.  I couldn't get a picture of her that wasn't blurry, but here are Morelli and Jett snuggling on my lap. 

And we met our "grand-dog", Fred.  You all know that Golfer and I are cat people, but I have to say that Fred is okay!  He's a cutie and likes to snuggle.  And he was very good at sitting by my feet under the dinner table and making sad puppy eyes in hopes I might "drop" something.  Golfer and Fred had some quiet time together one afternoon watching football on TV.

So now it's time to get busy.  There is a lot to get done this week.  Stay safe!


No comments: