Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Shoes!

Hooray!  I am wearing shoes!  Of course, Golfer had to help me get them on and tie them for me, but still......

My surgery was a little over a week ago.  We were told everything went well.  I came home from the hospital last Thursday.  Golfer is doing an excellent job of taking care of me.  All of the nurses and rehab people who have been in and out of here say I am doing very well.  In reality, I am frustrated at not being able to do things for myself.  The rules are no bending, no twisting, no lifting anything over five pounds and no raising my arms over my head.  I'm getting pretty good at getting the brace on and off.  I'm still not sleeping well, it's hard to get comfortable.  But basically I am okay and recovering and being well cared for.

NurseJ had a couple days off and Bikini came for a couple days, so Golfer had some help.  It was good to get together.

It is cool here in Virginia.  Golfer went out this afternoon and raked up several bags of leaves.  We're in that time of year here when the new grass is still coming up but is getting covered by leaves falling down. 

The furry kids seem pleased to have me home, although for a couple days they jumped and ran every time they heard the Velcro on my brace. 

So that's about it from me.  Can't do much and not going anywhere.  I just wanted to let you all know I am still here.

Stay safe!

No comments: