Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summertime....la, la, la, la, la

It's a different kind of Summer around here.  For one thing we've had a LOT of rain.  Not constant, but often enough that things don't get completely dried out between the rain falls.  And we've had several days when it has only been in the 70's and we could turn the A/C off and open the windows.  That's almost unheard of around here!

One odd note about the weather though... on the TV news they reported that there is a new fungus growing on some vehicles that is "encouraged" by the weather.  This fungus will eat the paint off your car if you don't clean it.  WTH!  Sort of reminded me of the old Sci-Fi movie where the aliens looked like mold and took over!  Ick.

My sister has been moved into a nursing home for around the clock care.  Sadly there is not much any of us can do for her but try to keep her as comfortable as possible.  My niece did as much as she could to keep sis at home but her condition and care needed more.  Please keep them in your prayers.  I'm glad we got there to visit a few weeks ago.

The rest of the family is doing fine.  Boxer was injured at school, but he has recovered.  He and Bloomer like their new teachers and all is going well.  He is playing football and she is enjoying gymnastics.   BeyB won't go back to school until the day after Labor Day.  And little CutieGirl doesn't have to think about that for a few years!

Golfer will be playing in the World-Am Championship in Myrtle Beach next week.  I will be enjoying the pools, the beach, the sun (I hope) and reading some good books.  Several friends will be there, too, so we'll have a good time catching up.

I've sort of been in a "get it done" mode, kind of like the "nesting" that pregnant ladies do.  I keep thinking of things that need to be done, or I want done before I have surgery in October.  I have a list and have been checking things off.  I'll be honest, a lot these things don't matter to anyone but me.  But I'm doing them anyway!

We went to see "Wolverine" yesterday.  Great movie!  If you go, be sure to sit through the credits.  That's all I'm saying.  What I saw made me happy though!

That's about it for now.  Stay safe!

No comments: