Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hey!

I promised our niece that I would post a picture of the pergola that we recently had painted.  I've been trying to get that picture taken when the sun has been out and that turned out to be difficult.  I have seen the sun shining and by the time I could get my camera or phone and get to the door, it was cloudy again.  Welcome to Virginia weather this Summer!

So this morning I decided to take it anyway.  We think the pergola looks pretty good.  Sherwin Williams did a great job matching the color of the new decking.

As you can see the hydrangeas aren't blooming a lot.  I don't know what their problem is.  Maybe they don't like the weather??????  But two of the three are bushy and green.  The third one has had some issues but is starting to look better.

The ailing azaleas are history though.  They were out back by our storage shed, one on either side of the ramp.  And when I sit in my recliner and look out the window, that's what I would see - really sad looking azaleas.  So I pulled them up.  The newer one I returned to the garden center and got credit for a future purchase.  We need to do some research and see what might work better back there.  BTW - this was one of the projects on that to-do list I talked about in my last post.

The nibbled on liriope is looking a teeny bit better.  Perhaps the bunnies are dining elsewhere.

Stay safe!


No comments: