Friday, August 23, 2013

Relaxation and Rest

Hey, all!

I hope it's a lovely day where you are!

It's beautiful here!  And this is a picture to prove that . . . . .


I took this picture while sitting on our twelfth floor balcony just a few minutes ago.  We're checking out a new place to stay.  It's pretty nice - Royal Garden Resort, in Garden City Beach, SC.  We spent the morning sitting out and being in the water, enjoying the sun.    Now we're just resting and relaxing.

The trip here was uneventful, except for about an hour and half on the way when I discovered we had both forgotten the hang-up bag in the closet with some of  our clothes!  Golfer looked at me and asked if I thought we were going to go back for it.  I said  "HE** no! We'll make do".  And we just stopped and checked out the sales at Penney's on the way in and bought a couple shirts!  I wasn't worried.  We had the important stuff.  You know, the golf gear and our pills!

I like to watch people.  You see some interesting things sometimes.  I think I inherited this pastime from Mom.  When she would travel, she said she never minded waiting in airports because she could watch the people!

I was looking out from our balcony.  There are a lot of blazing red vacationers down on the beach.  Now I admit, I like to sit out, and the sun makes me feel good.  Plus, it's one of the best ways to soak up some vitamin D.  But I have my limits.  About an hour and a half is the absolute tops for me to be out.  I'm  looking down at the people and they're so red it can be seen from up here.  What are they thinking?  And come on!  A lot of these folks are older than me and should know better.  A bad sunburn doesn't make your vacation better.  Use some sunscreen!  Or put on a shirt!  Come to think of it, a shirt is the best way to go.  That would cover up some of those stretched out, aged tattoos I've observed.  But, to each his own.  Live and let live.  Do no harm.  etc.  Enjoy life.

And stay safe!

No comments: