Saturday, June 29, 2013

Road Trips - Gotta Love ‘Em!


They really did mean SINGLE LANE!

I love road trips.  I very rarely ever drive when we’re out and about.  So for me it’s just packing up the car, getting in my seat, getting buckled in and enjoying the sights.  There’s no reading, playing games, watching DVDs on a good road trip!  I admit, there might be a bit of dozing if it’s a long drive, but I do try to stay awake! I read the road signs to Golfer as we go along because he’s concentrating on the driving.  And let me tell you, our recent trip has taken some concentrating!


So we were looking for antique shops and had our notes and lists and the GPS.  Do you talk with your GPS units??  Seems like we always do.  At times there might be a steady argument when the GPS lady says go one way and Golfer is going “no way!”  


Does common sense apply here?

On this trip we were on roads where the GPS told us “Undefined area”.  That translates into “Dude, WTH! we do not know where you are.  You are on your own!”  The map screen was almost a solid white at these times.   

We were on one lane unpaved roads.  We were on two lane unmarked roads (no painted lines) that were questionable.  I really don’t think two SUVs could pass each other on those. Some of the yellow warning signs looked like pictures of Harry Potter’s scar!  There were twists and turns on the roads that made it feel like a thrill ride at Disney!  We had a great time and it was lovely scenery.  


Only saw a couple chipmunks, but this guy was cute!
We saw lots of wildlife.  Some little furry thing I could not identify ran across the road.  It was brown, cute and FAST.  There was a deer watching us go by.  And more bunnies.  And many pretty birds.  The bull frogs were busy "singing" at night.   This was a wonderful trip.  I love you, Golfer!




Stay safe everyone!

No comments: