Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Trip Back in Time

You could probably tell from my previous posts that we were in a very rural area.  There were wide open spaces, open fields, and miles without even a house.  It was lovely.  And it reminded us a lot of our childhood.  Golfer grew up on a small farm.  I grew up in a small town.  Nice memories.

Anyone remember these??
It was almost like stepping back in time.  When we checked in at the lodge John, the owner, told us we didn't need a key, they didn't really use them there.  Just close your door.  No need to worry.  That took a little getting used to, but really, that's the way it was when we were kids.  No one had to lock their doors.  

I sometimes wonder what will happen if there is a disaster or something and nothing works.  Would there be enough young people who would know how to plant seeds and grow food?  Or do things "by hand"?  I hope so.  I wonder if they could use a coin operated phone?

No comments: