Sunday, February 5, 2012

More Thoughts . . . .

Yes, folks, more thoughts.  Specifically, what in the H*!# has happened to common sense and general intelligence.

The general state of things has been declining for several years with restaurants having to warn people that their coffee is hot or they risk getting sued. I don't know about you, but when I order coffee, I want it to arrive hot and I have enough sense to not set it in my lap.

Another one that gripes me is the warning signs the YMCA has to put up in the shower room warning idiots that the floor could be wet.  Geez!  It's a shower room and right next to the door where people come in from the pool.  Wouldn't you expect some water?

By the time we reach adulthood, we should have enough sense to take care of ourselves, look after our things and protect our property.  You know, things like shut your door, lock it, don't let strangers in.  Don't walk alone down dark alleys at night.  Don't be afraid to live your life, but don't take unnecessary risks either.

Yes, bad things do happen to good people.  I know this for a fact, but come on.  Would you really want to have your taxes done by a company called "Mo' Money Taxes"?????  Think about it!   Every newscast for the last couple days shows irate people throwing things, breaking windows and knocking each other around because they can't get their refund checks from this company.  The one employee the reporter has been able to catch to interview can barely speak intelligible English.  I doubt that I would let him make change for me, let alone do taxes.  And yet there are all those people ranting on TV about how they want their money.  I'm sure they do.  But it doesn't look like there's any "Mo' Money" around there to get.  Good luck to them.  It's sad they didn't think that through a bit better.

On an entirely different topic, it's cold, gray and wet here in Virginia today.  Golfer passed on going to play this morning.  I used the new waffle maker and made breakfast, we read the paper and have just been doing odds and ends and reading.  The pre-game is on for the Super Bowl, but really, how much can you take?  Over six hours of pre-game is a tad excessive in my mind.  But then, the Browns aren't playing.  If they were, I might reconsider.  :)

I hope everyone is well and having a good weekend.  Stay safe!


No comments: