Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just Some Thoughts . . . . . .

Yea, for me!  I successfully downloaded a game to my new "phone" all by myself!  And have also assigned pictures to the phone numbers I might call!  But I'm not ready for a job on Geek Squad by any means.

I was out doing a couple errands today.  It's almost 70 here.  I think some of the stores have given up on Winter.  I saw clearance sales on snow shovels, snow saucers, and Flexible Flyers!  We'll probably have a blizzard soon.  :)

Why are people still complaining about Steven Tyler's rendition of the National Anthem???  I've never been a huge fan of his, but I even said at the time he was singing that I thought he did pretty well.  There have been so very many really awful performances of the anthem.  He, at least, stayed close to the original tune and pitch.  I've always believed the anthem should be performed as it was written. And for as freaky as he looks, it was pretty good, so give the guy a break!

And come on, people, give Paula Deen a break, too.  I've watched her shows for several years and she's always said she doesn't eat the food she cooks on her shows every day and says "use moderation".  I'm sorry she's been diagnosed with diabetes.  But get real, people!  She may be a cook, but she's also a business woman and entertainer.  Of course she was going to get her affairs in order before she made a public announcement.  It was only good business sense to have a plan in place.  She has had some rough patches in her life and has worked hard to make a good life for herself and her family.  Good for her.  And remember, she never twisted anyone's arm and made them eat a pound of butter!  Golfer and I visited Savannah a few years ago and ate at her "Lady and Sons" restaurant.  It was a fun experience, but neither of us are big fans of grits, greens, and lard laced edibles.  Of course, technically, we're Yankees at heart.  The gist of this is give the lady a break and let her deal with her life and health problems.  Just because she has a cooking show doesn't mean it caused her diabetes.

When I am out and about, WHY are there so MANY horrible drivers on the road that have no freaking idea what a turn signal is or how to probably navigate a merge lane????   And that's all I'm saying on that except they should have their licenses taken away!

And while I'm venting on things I can do without, if you live in the United States, you should speak English. Period.

And if a person is receiving public assistance, they shouldn't be driving extravagant cars, buying steaks and wine with their food stamps, flashing around expensive jewelry, popping out babies one after another and expect the rest of us to be happy about paying for their housing, food and health care.  Get a job!  Having said that, I do realize there are some very deserving people who truly need the help and deserve the help.  But the ones abusing the system are bankrupting the country.

When I get a phone call with a recorded message, I hang up.  If whoever sent it wants to contact me they can take the time to do it in person.  The only exception to this is appointment reminders.  I'm okay with those.

So-called minority groups and their demonstrations and whinings.........  God made all people.  If you want to be treated just like everyone else - and let's be honest, sometimes that treatment is crappy - then stop whining and complaining and calling attention to whatever is different about you.  Please, I'd just as soon not have to hear about it any more.  I don't care what minority group you may think you're in.  My feelings on this apply to all the various groupings.  If you want to be treated like everyone else, act like it.  Buck up, get busy,  support yourself and try to get along with other people.  Our country, the melting pot of the world, is now such a mix that I'm not sure there are any minorities any more.  So whether you think you're a different color, a different religion, have an alternative lifestyle, or even have green skin and purple hair, I don't care.  We're all people and I don't want to hear about it any more.  Keep private things to yourselves and get down to business.

One final thing... don't give me "a look" when I'm enjoying my Starbucks coffee.  I don't drink, I've never smoked, the only drugs I've ever done have  been prescription, and I have no expensive hobbies.  I have a wonderful husband who I love very much. I love my family.  I love our cats. I like my Mustang convertible.  And I enjoy my coffee and chocolate.  Life is too short to live it being miserable.

On this happy thought, I'll end this.  As you can tell, I've had a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head and it was time to let them out.  Take care of yourselves and stay safe!

No comments: