Sunday, January 2, 2011

Some more thoughts. . . . . . .

It my last posting, I neglected to mention another recent stressful event. While we were all hurrying around getting ready to pack to leave for Ohio for Mom's funeral, we threw some laundry in the washer and dryer. That sounds easy and simple, right? The dryer started making a huge noise and then smoke started coming out and the smoke alarm went off. So no more dryer. Then in an obvious show of empathetic support, the washer decided to act wonky, too. So when Golfer and I were able to get out and about after all the snow and ice, we had to go buy a new washer and dryer. The old ones had been of an age where it was time. We can highly recommend Shawel's if you are in the Tidewater area of Virginia. We went in one morning and by that afternoon they were both delivered, set-up, and in use! And while I'm making recommendations, we got Maytag Bravos series machines and I love them! I was suspicious of a washer with no agitator, but it works wonderfully well.

I also neglected to mention in that last post that Brief and the kids made it back to Georgia okay while Bikini was with us in Ohio. And she caught a flight out Christmas Eve afternoon and made it home in time to hang stockings with Bloomer and Boxer. And Nurse J, Cable Guy and BeyB made it to Illinois okay. However, BeyB got sick and had to go to the ER, but she recovered quickly and is feeling better. They are back home now.

Our house is all un-decorated and things are put away. I am, quite honestly, ready for a new year with maybe not quite so many changes going on.

I've been to the Commissary this morning for a few things. It is now pouring down rain and is dark and gloomy out. The snow is gone. And as I have said before, I am ready for Summer.

I have a pile of papers waiting for me to put through the shredder. The files have been cleaned out. I guess I'll get to work on that. Stay safe and have a good day.

No comments: