Monday, July 15, 2024

Sigh

It's been a while since I've posted.  Lots going on and I've been exhausted. Here is the run down.

On July 3rd our air conditioner stopped working.  The day before a holiday and when the temperatures are near 100 is not a good time for that.  I called right away and the service call was scheduled for the 5th.  He got here late in the day, and he got it fixed.  We have an annual contract and the man who came was the one who had just done the check-up a couple months ago, so he knew our system.  It was terribly hot and uncomfortable, but cooled off enough at night so we did get some rest.  We had all the ceiling fans on and the windows open.  I adjusted window treatments according to where the sun was shining in.  We survived and the system is working fine.

In my previous post I mentioned Finnigan going in for testing.  He has been diagnosed with kidney disease.  He has daily medicine I mix into his food in the mornings. We have to monitor their meal because Angus is not supposed to have any of the medicine.  While we are adjusting to this, Angus became ill and I had to take him in for tests and to receive fluids. That was three days in a row. He was given a couple injections of antibiotic and steroid and is doing better than he was.  The tests showed inflammation, but so far no idea of the cause or exactly what.   

I had also mentioned that the sprinkler system tech was coming; he did.  And when he checked the system, that sprinkler head that had been hidden worked just fine.  He told me I did a good job finding it and loosening it!

Les saw his Neurologist and she has ordered another  MRI.  That is in the process of getting scheduled. 

I have had a very itchy rash.  It reminds me of one that I had years ago when Les was being sent to Thailand for a year.  My doctor said that was from stress.  I figure this time it is either stress or from the extreme heat. 😊  It is slowly getting better.

Our weather is still extremely hot.  The forecast for the week calls for heat indexes of up to 111 degrees.  It has rained some but seems  to miss our area quite often.  We have gotten some, but could use more.  Needless to say, I am not going out to do any yard work when it is this hot.

While the A/C was out and the windows open, and before they started feeling bad, Angus and Finnigan enjoyed having open windows where they could sit and watch the birds and squirrels.


Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  God Bless America.

No comments: