Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Hey!

 

Picture from ICANHAZCHEESEBURGER.COM

Things are calmer here today.  It's still hot and humid, but we've had some rain.  It's been in the forecasts quite often but has been missing us most of the time.  The last several days we've gotten a couple inches.  The plants and shrubs are looking a bit "happier".  The sprinkler system has been running as scheduled, but it can only do so much, it's just not the same as rain.

Angus and Finnigan are both doing better.  Finnigan is having no problems with me putting his medicine in his food in the mornings.  Angus has been on daily steroids and has been doing better and eating well.  Their doctor called me yesterday and Angus is now going to be given the steroids every other day and I'll let her know how that does for him.

I've been trying to keep up with things and doing some little "odds and ends" jobs.  You know, the kind of little things that don't take long, but keep getting put off.  The bigger jobs on my list are waiting until it's cooler and until some other things are moved.

I had not planned to do yard work today.  Remember we had a tree taken down a couple weeks ago?  A couple days after that I had noticed a bare branch from that tree hanging on one of our other trees.  Just stuck there.  It came down last night.  It was much bigger than I had thought.  It landed on the Hydrangeas and bird feeder. And all sorts of little bits of it had broken off.  After breakfast, I decided to get out there and pick stuff up before it got hotter and before the predicted rain gets here this afternoon.  I now have two large bags of stuff and a large limb I couldn't break up. (I had cut off all the smaller parts of the limb and bagged them)  While I was out, I pulled a couple weeds and did a bit of pruning, too. 

I am now inside, showered and shampooed.  The heat index is up to 99 and rising.  I have no other outside plans for the day!

Tomorrow Les has the other part of his MRIs.  There was a mix-up with the paperwork and he had one MRI last Saturday.  The other is tomorrow.  It's probably a good thing that happened, since for the two of the MRIs to be done would have been a pretty long time for him to be in the machine........even if it is an open one.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is still good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: