Sunday, November 12, 2023

Les' Childhood Home

 


While we were visiting our family in Ohio, we did our usual drive around to look at places we remember and see how things have changed.  Of course, this farm is always at the top of the list.  This is where Les grew up.  You can't see the house from Rt. 93 now, but the view still holds memories. 

Les remembers how he and his brother would help Dad mow all that yard.  There was sledding in the winter on that hill.  The garden was behind the house and garage.  There was a barn, too.

When our girls were young and we were visiting, Les and his Dad had gone somewhere.  The girls and I were there with his Mom.  A cow got loose!  She called for me to get the girls and go help her round it up and back where it was supposed to be.  I will say right here that I had absolutely no experience in rounding up a cow and getting it to move, but we tried.  It did eventually get back into its space.  As a side note, my only real experience with livestock was going along with Les, Dad, and Les' brother and sister to the livestock auction.  I remember Dad telling me to get up on the fence!  I was just following along and looking at the animals, and a bunch of them were being moved down the row very fast.  I got on the fence.

Years ago you could see the house better from the road.  The trees have grown a lot.  We think maybe they should have been kept trimmed a bit.

Good memories.  Take care of yourselves.  Stay safe.  And God Bless America!

No comments: