Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Thank YOU, Honey!


Les ordered these little cakes for me.  Unfortunately we had a sample before I remembered to take a picture.  They were very good and it was such a happy surprise!  Love you, honey!

Les is making some slow progress.  This is taking a lot longer than we expected and honestly, we both get frustrated.  But we are working on it.  He is trying to do more, but still having some problems and some pain when he's putting any pressure on his leg.  He will see the doctor again in a couple weeks.

As for me, I am still trying to keep up with things.  Sometimes the errands list gets long enough that I just have to go take care of things.  😊  And sometimes I just decide things can wait.

Chris and Jordan came last week and mowed our yard and trimmed for us and it's all cleaned up and looks so much better.  Thank you!  I've been keeping up with the weeding and cleanup of the mulched areas.  The day after the mowing was done, our Virginia Green person came and did a treatment.  That was good timing.

The porch pansies are done.  It was not a good year for them.  I scrubbed the pots and bought a new bag of potting soil and now have lovely Geraniums on the porch.  Everything in the yard is growing and looking better.  I also planted some Coleus in the large backyard mulched area.  First time I've tried any there, so we'll see.  Last year we had our guys that do our mulch plant six  azaleas for us and only one survived.  Since that was so disappointing, I said I wasn't planting more there.

This morning we had our quarterly pest control visit.  I am currently waiting for the man to arrive to do the annual termite inspection.  And next week we have the inspection on our back flow preventor with our sprinkler system.  We're also waiting on a call from the sprinkler system office to let us know when they are coming back.  The system was supposedly checked when they did the turn-on service a few weeks ago.  But we hadn't needed it on then.  Tried it yesterday and some sections are not working. 😖

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Les and I got our latest Covid booster last week!  Life is still good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: