Sunday, May 21, 2023

Just Some Pretty Magnolias


I like Magnolias.  I think they are pretty.  But our friends who have had them in their yards say that they are very messy trees and hard to do the cleanup with the dried blossoms and leaves.  I took this picture recently of the ones blooming in our neighbor's yard.  This is the first Spring that I have actually been able to see them.  She had several ailing/old, dangerous trees removed from her yard in the last year or so.  

Besides being able to see her Magnolias, a benefit of the tree removal is that our shrubs and blooming bushes on that side of our yard are really growing and blooming this year!  I'll be taking pictures soon of our Hydrangeas that are just starting to open their buds.  The Azaleas have done well, too, but most of those are done with their first blooming.  They will bloom again over the next few months.  We do have one of our original Azaleas that is just now starting with pretty bright dark pink blooms.  That one is always later than the others.  

Even the holly bushes are growing and filling out!  One of them has had a large "empty" spot for several years where I had to cut out a dead branch.  It's almost all filled in now!  And the new Coleus plants I just planted are doing well so far.  

Chris and Jordan came and did yard work for us again this past week.  It's looking very good out there right now.  Thanks, Chris and Jordan!

Les is doing okay and is getting stronger.  There is a little improvement every day.  He is starting to do more, but is being very careful.  I am keeping up with things.  The cleaning-out-the-garage project I started is ongoing. I have some piles started for things to dispose of and things to donate. Still more to do, but I've decided there is no hurry.  I might work on it some more this afternoon, or I may just sit and read.  😊

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: