Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Just Saying Hello

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.  Les and I are doing alright.

Our weather is getting very nice, but the pollen counts are rising.  I made a judgement call today and turned off the heat and opened a couple windows.  I usually don't this time of year because that pollen just comes right on in if the window is open.  But I have to dust anyway, so they are open. 😊

The new grass seed is sprouting up.  The Liriope are shooting up some new leaves.  And some of the Azaleas are starting to bloom.  I had to prune back the Hydrangeas a bit since there was some damage.  We had had warm weather that made things start to sprout, and then it got really cold again and we had two hard freezes.  One of those "burned" the leaves and some buds on the Hydrangeas.  So they got pruned; they are looking a little perkier now.  Les mowed for the first time last week.

Our neighbor had some major tree work done and yesterday we got to listen to the stump grinder for a large part of the day. Her yard is all smoothed out now.

We've just been taking care of things and staying caught up.  Grocery shopping is still a challenge around here.  There are still some supply chain issues on a lot of things.  I have adjusted and learned to make substitutions as I shop.  I refuse to spend the time and gas driving all over and going a lot of places for something. Gas prices are high. It's the way it is now.

The world situation hasn't gotten any better and there isn't much to say on that.  And I don't discuss politics.

We have Easter coming up and several birthdays, anniversaries, and a graduation.  I spent some time sorting through and wrapping and getting things ready. 

I was in the mood to clean out a bit so I took a trunk load to DAV.

Les is playing golf when he can.  Today was a good day. 

Starbucks continues to have issues off and on so this morning before we went, I called them to make sure their brewers were working and they actually had coffee.  They did, so that was a good start!  There are several other Starbucks in our area, but I still prefer to go to the one closest to us.

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Remember that life is good.  God Bless America!

No comments: