Friday, April 22, 2022

Ahhh, the Fresh Smell of New Paint!

Seems like it's been a busy week here.  Errands to be done, appointments, second Covid booster shots, etc.  Add to that the riding mower had to go in for service after it died in the back yard.  When it returned, Les did yard work.  I did a bit of cleanup in the yard and mulched areas.  Things are looking pretty good out there right now.  Azaleas are blooming, Liriope are coming up, Day Lilies have pretty green leaves, the Sweet Shrub has filled out, and the Hydrangeas are recuperating from the freeze a few weeks ago.  All is well out there for now. 

Today was the day for Jeff to come and repair two areas on our living room ceiling and paint the whole ceiling.  He does good work.  The areas are all looking good and the paint is drying.  We have done some cleanup and finished putting things back in place.

I woke up about 5:30 and knew I wouldn't get back to sleep thinking about things to get done before the painting, plus the usual morning "stuff" I do.  So I was up and getting my Starbucks early this morning.  And of course, I had to stop and take a picture of the beautiful sky that early.


So, Happy Earth Day!  Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good.  And God Bless America!

No comments: