Saturday, February 26, 2022

I Don't Know Where the Time Went

Huh.  I've thought about writing quite a few times and just haven't gotten to it.  Sorry.

We are still here!  Since my last post, seems like there have been more things to do and more going on.  Les has had an appointment with the Neurologist and will be having some testing in a couple weeks and another appointment.  I won't go into details.  He is doing "okay" but we would like for him to be doing better.

The work on the chimney was completed and now all we have to do is repair/paint the spot on the ceiling above the fireplace.

Our riding mower was picked up and taken for annual service and is already returned to us and in the shed for when Les needs to use it.

We've had some warm days, then cold ones, then warm, and right now it is cold again.  But on a warm day, I got some pansies and got them potted and on the porch.  They are doing well and I enjoy looking at them.

Our neighbor had some major tree work done and several large trees removed.  A couple of those were ones that always dropped branches, cones, and bits, etc. into our yard every time we had any kind of wind or storm.  Had to do some cleanup in our yard after the work was done over there.  We have a lot more sunlight in our yard now and hopefully the grass will grow better.

Also on one of the warm days, we took both cars to the carwash for a good cleaning inside and out!

I got a haircut and that feels better.

I had my annual checkup with our GP Doc.  That was okay but he discovered I have a major UTI and I had to go back for some additional tests.  I'm currently on some antibiotics and when they are finished, I go back for more tests.  Fortunately, or UNfortunately, I rarely have any symptoms with a UTI, so I have no idea I have one.  If left untreated, infections can spread, so that is a concern.  Now I am just dealing with effects of the pills.

We spent some time getting new phones.  Les has been researching and then we went to the Verizon store and discussed.  The phones were delivered to us this past week and we have an appointment to go on Monday for them to do the set-up and get them ready to use.  Nice phones, and I'm sure we will like using them.  But the whole process of getting a new phone is very much like buying a new car! Geez!

And that is where the time went other than the usual things that have to be done around here.  

Take care of yourselves and stay safe.  Life is good.  And God Bless America!




No comments: