Friday, February 11, 2022

Another Memory

A favorite Winter activity for the Junior Grange (see previous posts) was ice skating.  In Ohio. Like I said, in the Winter.  Cold.  Snow.  On Hodgson's frozen pond which was often quite bumpy.  Know what?  We did not care.  We went out there anyway.  It would take hours to thaw out, but we did not care.  It was fun!


Yes, that is me with the red pom-poms on my skates.  You never imagined that, did you?  I also owned roller skates.  As a child, they were the kind of metal ones with a key and leather straps. Those are tucked away upstairs in the closet now.  When Jacquie and Pam were little, I had white leather skates and wore them when I took the girls to the local rink.  And those skates also had pom-poms!

Stay safe.  Take care of yourselves.  As I always say, life is good.  God Bless America!

No comments: