Saturday, September 25, 2021

A Story

I have always liked Vera Bradley purses.  I first discovered them years ago on one of our beach trips for a golf tournament.  I was window shopping at Broadway at the Beach and found the first one I bought at a small boutique.  At the time, due to developing joint issues, my doctor and PT person had told me to always use a cross-body bag and keep it light.  Vera met those requirements.

A few years ago the Vera Bradley company got new management.  I have no idea what they were thinking but they really have made some awful bags since then; rough sticking zippers, not so great fabrics.  They changed the construction of the bags.  The real topper for me was when they promoted a new bag in a Harry Potter print.  I got emails, texts, and Facebook posts about it for months.  When it was released, their website jammed, then shut down, and by the time I could get to it, they were all gone.  When I inquired about restocking, I was told "oh, no, that was a special issue".  And I put Vera on "my list".  You know, that taking names and keeping track list.  I am sure most of us have one of those lists.

Since then, the only Vera bag I have purchased was from their online closeout sale of discontinued items.  I had found a bag of the type I like best, in a color I liked.  Otherwise, I have just been rotating my bags that I've kept.  

I have always loved Harry Potter.  I've read the books several times, and lost count of how many times we've watched the movies.  So I really had a dilemma recently when I got an email advertising the new Harry Potter line from Vera.  I thought about it for a day or so and Les said "just order it".  It arrived yesterday!


I left that little card in the very small pocket so you could see it. 😊


If only my wand would work!


And I just have to add this picture to the post.  This was taken in 2003.  Jordan and I were in costume for a Harry Potter night at the Boxwood Inn.  Les and Jacquie went as Muggles. 😊

Life is good.  Stay safe and take care of yourselves.  God Bless America!


No comments: