Saturday, May 9, 2020

"Stuff"

It seems like a lot  has been happening since I last posted.  Sorry, this might be a long one.  😊

Our bathroom renovations that we started planning at the beginning of the year have been "on hold" for a while for a couple reasons.  I am now "up and functioning" better and some companies are starting to carefully start working again. We recently got phone calls from two of those companies.

One call resulted in us gearing up with our masks and gloves and driving down to Portsmouth to look at granite slabs.  Nice drive down on I-64 and back on Rt. 17.  Got us out of the house.  We were there about ten  minutes, looked at two slabs and both liked the same one.  We knew going in what color we wanted to match the kitchen granite.  So that is done, and sometime soon someone will schedule to come and measure.  The new cabinet for the smaller bathroom should be finished soon.

And we got a call from the company about the new tub and surround.  They came yesterday and we have that all done.  Looks nice!


We both agree there is no hurry on this project, so we are not stressing.  I think next will be our guy coming to do the drywall work that is needed.  Then the new cabinet, sink, faucets, and counter-top installation. Somewhere in there our electrician will come and do his thing.  And finally our painter will come.  The master bath is getting new counter top, sinks, fixtures, and getting painted.

Both toilets in the house decided to act up and we had a plumber come and fix them.  That required two expensive trips, but all is well now.

Also on our calendar recently was a trip to Acura for Jadzia's (our TLX) annual safety inspection.  She passed, but needed an alignment.  Don't know why.

We had our annual termite inspection and nothing "of concern" was found.  Always good news.

And now I'll tell you about my PT.  Bon Secours InMotion decided they needed to do some restructuring.  I had been going to the very nice location I have used many times next to our YMCA.  The "Y" is closed now.  InMotion was combining sites and patients had to move to other locations.  They decided to close my place.  I was told I would have to go to the hospital site if I wanted to continue with the therapist I like.  I was assured even stricter safety precautions would be taken and I would be just as safe there as I felt at the "Y" location.  Sadly, this was not the case.  On the first visit there, Michael, my PT, was the only one cleaning, wiping equipment, and using the hand sanitizer.  The space is smaller, and there were more patients scheduled, so that means more people in smaller place, and not all wearing required masks!  One therapist had her mask hanging down under her chin.  I was not happy.  So on the second visit there, and final  one, I talked to Michael and we decided I was improved enough that I could continue my exercises at home on  my own and call him if I needed help with anything.  He tested me on a few things and I passed.  I would have liked to finish up with him, but it is what it is.  Hopefully the "Y" location will reopen. 

I really need a haircut!  But that will not be happening any time soon.

Our calendar looks pretty open for the coming week, but who knows?? 

Jacquie and Jordan are feeling better, but still have some lingering symptoms.  We are still social distancing.  The rest of the family are still okay.  Pam says they are good at their house.  Our family in Ohio is doing okay, but V was furloughed from her job.  She is doing okay, but that has been stressful for her. 

Governors are starting to open some things up and get some businesses open.  That's fine - and necessary - but I am not at all ready to go out and about among a lot of people.  Les and I will continue to try to stay safe.

We had a lovely sunny rain a couple evening ago.  Always nice to have a rainbow to smile at!


Stay safe, be careful, remember life is great!  And God Bless America!

No comments: