Thursday, May 14, 2020

Just Hi!

I hope everyone is doing okay and continuing to be careful.

Les and I are doing alright here.  It was a rough time and we miss Cecil.

Our weather is gradually warming up again.  Les has gotten the yard work done and I got out to tidy up the mulched areas.  I discovered what looked like a maple tree a couple feet tall growing up through the big azalea out front.  Couldn't pull it up so I cut it off below ground level and will watch for it to come back.

We picked up our grocery order on Tuesday.  Some substitutions were made, mostly regarding sizes of things.  We now have enough frozen fruit to last us for months.  (I had asked for the small bags and we got the biggest ones)  That is better than getting none.

I've been doing some small chores around the house and keeping up with things.  Yesterday I cleaned areas of the carpet with the Bissel spot scrubber. 

We are staying in and trying to be careful.  Some things will reopen here in Virginia this weekend.   Our family in Ohio is adjusting to things opening up there.  P is excited to have a hair appointment.  V is extremely upset because she called for an appointment and found out her lady had retired and did not tell her.  And while I really need a trim, I am waiting a while here to see how things go.

Pam says they are okay at her house.  She's been planning things to keep the kids busy this Summer. 

Jacquie says they are okay at her house and coping.  It's hard for the little ones to understand about all the changes.

A little work is slowly getting scheduled for our bathrooms' project.  Good thing we aren't in any hurry.  As much as I would like it to all be done and everything cleaned up, I would rather be safe!

So, life remains good.  Stay safe and take care of yourselves.  God Bless America!

p.s. and here is a picture representing the "new normal".  The sanitizer was just delivered. 😊


No comments: