Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Rough Start to Vacation

Finally, here is a sunrise picture!


We got off to rough start on this trip.  I ended up in the hospital overnight  Saturday evening after passing out at dinner.  Les had to call an ambulance and the ER people said they needed to keep me.  After many tests, labs, CT scan, MRIs, carotid scans, glucose checks, etc. the doctor determined that I had not had a stroke, my brain was fine, my carotids were clear, sugar levels were good, and the many EKGs were good.  He settled on a diagnosis of major Vasovagal Syncope and some dehydration.  I am going to follow up with our own doctor when we get home.

That all wore me out and I finally got to leave the hospital late Sunday afternoon.  Les and our friends have all been taking good care of me and I am feeling better.  And still being careful with my surgery recovery, too.  Drinking lots and lots of fluids and taking it easy.

The golf tournament started this morning and Les and the guys are out on the course.  Good luck to all!

It is extremely hot here.  I think the forecast for today is 101.  I am not spending a lot of time sitting out.  😎

But life remains great!  Stay safe and God Bless America!

No comments: