Friday, October 7, 2016

We're Still Waiting

It certainly does seem like Hurricane Matthew has been around for a long time.  It has done a lot of serious damage on its charge Northward.  The forecasts for here have been back and forth for a while but now they say we will just have "hefty" rain and wind this weekend.  I really don't think "hefty" is a technical meteorological term.  I'm pretty sure the local weather  people are just getting tired, and trying to not keep repeating themselves.

So, the "hefty" rain and wind are coming.  But right now there is a strong breeze, it's in the mid-70's and humid.  The sun has been trying to peek out between the clouds.  Golfer is playing golf.  The new neighbor's yard guy is over there mowing.  I've been cleaning and doing all the usual household chores. Also been catching up on some desk work and watching the recorded shows I slept through last night.  :)   I'll be heading to the "Y" soon.

P sent me this picture this morning.  I liked it so much I have to share.  It made me smile.


If you have been watching all the weather reports, you will have seen that a lot of people who live in areas threatened by hurricanes and tropical storms take them in stride, a fact of life, and they have a sense of humor about it.  You know, just something else to deal with.  But think about it... other areas have blizzards, tornadoes, flooding, hail storms, earthquakes.  Like I said, just something else to deal with.

Stay safe!

No comments: