Monday, October 24, 2016

Go Tribe!

First off, YAY! Cleveland Indians!

No matter where we have lived, we have always supported the Cleveland teams.  Golfer recently got to go to an Indians game with his brother when we were in Ohio visiting.

Watching the games on TV here at home is rather stress inducing and I won't go into that, but we really do hope they win!

I was out doing some errands this morning and thought I'd see about getting a celebratory shirt for Golfer.  I've had several emails for ordering them online, but I sort of wanted to actually see them.  First stop was Dick's Sporting Goods.  I figured they'd have shirts and whatever on display at the front of the store.  I mean, really, the World Series is a big deal!  I didn't see anything for either team so I asked the lady at customer service.  I was told "Oh, no, we don't carry anything like that". To which I said, "Why not?".  And she said, "We do not carry things like that, or baseball items".  And I said, "Too bad, you just missed a big sale" and I walked out.

Then I stopped at Penney's.  One of the emails I had gotten was from them so I figured I'd look.  Couldn't find them there either. The man at the counter said," We only sell those online".  I left.  Golfer has ordered a shirt from the official site.

This all makes me wonder who does the research and planning for the stores?? Or the training of the sales staff?  I've worked customer service and retail and I know a lot of the people I run into while doing errands would be out of work if I was in charge.  But then, I know and freely admit I am picky.

Again, GO, TRIBE!!

And stay safe!

No comments: