Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Where Does the Time Go???

I just noticed that it has been over a week since I last posted.  I have thought about it lots of times.  It just didn't happen.  However, I did keep up with just about everything else!

So, here's what's been happening.  We had to take Kirk in for some maintenance.  There was a tech update that needed to be done and a recall notice for another issue that needed to be fixed.  So we dropped him off and went to breakfast and picked him up later that day.

We have also had a meeting with our State Farm insurance agent.  The previous one retired.  The new one wanted to meet us and talk.  A couple adjustments have been made to our policies for the house and cars.

We got increasingly dissatisfied with our previous lawn care company.  Golfer decided to cancel our contract and ask for a refund.  He contacted two other companies and they came to look at the yard and give estimates.  We signed one of them up and the first visit was today.  I will keep you posted.

We're getting back into our regular "Y" routines.  Feels good.

I finished a round of antibiotics for a UTI.  So far, so good.

I got a few things done out in the yard.  I like to keep up with the weeds.  I put out a Fall flag and did some repair work on a Fall owl decoration I like to put in the back mulched area.  Local stores are starting to put out pumpkins, but I'm holding off on that.  We have some major yard work scheduled and they would just be something else that would have to be moved around.  One of our newest Encore azaleas is just starting to bloom!

Today I tackled cleaning windows and window treatments.  Feels good to have that done.  While I was doing that, I also wiped down the ceiling fan blades and cleaned the lampshades.  And did a load of laundry.

Our niece, Pat, made  a surprise ball for our furry kids.  We gave it to them last evening.  Here is a very rare photo of all four of them playing together.  They wore themselves out!  Thanks, Pat!

In case you are not familiar with a surprise ball, let me explain.  When I was a little girl, my Mom and Granma would make surprise balls for my nieces and me for birthdays or Christmas.  Back then, they would get a pack of crepe paper and cut strips.  Then start winding it around little toys and trinkets.    It could be made any size and hold anything.  Pat wanted to make one for her grand-cat and asked for  my suggestions. First off, I said don't use Crepe paper.  Kitties drool when they get excited and/or chew on things.  Crepe paper color bleeds and stains.  So she used white ribbon bought at a warehouse!  Worked great.  And was stiff enough that it made a noise that they liked, too.  She put some catnip in as she wound it up.  They played all evening.  Thanks again, Pat!

So that's how my time has been getting spent.  I've also cleaned out my dresser and closet. And had a grooming session with the furry kids.   Golfer and I have been enjoying the 2015 season of Longmire on Netflix.  We love that show.  I think we only have one more to watch and I am already anxious for the next season!

We are going to a favorite Italian restaurant this evening for dinner, The Vineyards.  I'd better get ready!

Stay safe!

No comments: